Sign up for our Newsletter
What Is A Missionary Driver?
By definition, a “missionary” is someone... sent by God to take the Good News of Jesus to the world. The eight million Truck Drivers of this country have little or no opportunity to hear the gospel.
As God enlarges and expands the vision of Truckstop Ministries... we want to maximize the opportunities before us. In addition to our staff, Chaplains, and Chapels, we envision hundreds of Missionary Drivers —commissioned by their church and TMI — on the move, bringing a Christ-presence to truck stops all over the country and encouraging and reaching out to Drivers and their families. Special training is provided and required.
The Missionary Driver is someone who... has a growing and passionate faith in Jesus Christ, someone who has a missional calling to minister in many different places, someone who has a great burden for Drivers, and someone who has a vision of seeing every Driver in America come to know Christ as Savior!
The role and responsibility of the Missionary Driver includes...
- Representing the vision of Truckstop Ministries, Inc. nation-wide.
- Praying boldly and consistently for this ministry.
- Investing financially in this ministry as God would lead.
- Supporting and assisting existing Chapels where needed.
- Exploring and establishing new ministry opportunities at truck stops in partnership with TMI staff and regional directors.
- Sowing the gospel by passionately sharing your faith, teaching the truth of God’s word, and responding with compassion to the needs of Drivers. Matthew 9:35-38
Interested? Click here to begin the assessment process.